Sep 23, 2023
Michele Dudash, Department Head and Professor
Department of Natural Resource Management
Edgar S. McFadden Biostress Laboratory 138, Box 2140B
The Natural Resource Management specialization will provide training in ecology, evolution, environmental sciences, and range areas of expertise with a focus on basic and applied research.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge of program: Exhibit knowledge concerning biological and/or microbiological systems/sciences at a level appropriate to a M.S. degree holder.
- Communication skills: Be able to effectively express themselves orally and in written form.
- Understand scientific method: Understand the scientific methods and techniques for solving research problems and analyze scientific data using the appropriate statistics.
- Use statistics to analyze data: Be able to use statistics to analyze scientific data.
- Specialization: Specialize in some area of biology, biotechnology and/or microbiology, but still be broadly based in knowledge in cellular and molecular biology.
- Publish research: Be able to conduct and publish scholarly research. (Option A)
- Professional Development: Demonstrate professional development and competence so that they may enter the work force in academia or industry.
Course Delivery Format
Biological Sciences courses are delivered face-to-face and enhanced with web-based instruction. Online delivery may be offered for specific courses.
Facilities and Services
The department is housed within the McFadden Biostress Laboratory at SDSU.
Available Options for Graduate Degrees
|Master of Science
||Option A - Thesis
||30 Credit Hours
||Option B - Research/Design Paper
||32 Credit Hours
- NRM 790 - Seminar (COM) Credits: 1 (2 credits required)
- STAT courses numbered 500 level or higher Credits: 3
- Additional course credits from BOT, EES, NRM, RANG, or WL numbered 500-level or higher Credits: 6
Select one of the following options
Option B - Research/Design Paper
Total Required Credits: 30 (Option A), 32 (Option B)
Additional Admission Requirements
GRE: Not Required
TOEFL: 71 Internet-based
TOEFL Essentials: 7.5
Graduate students should consult with their advisor before registering for graduate coursework.
For additional information refer to the Master’s Degree Requirements .