Arts & Humanities/Diversity
Students will understand the diversity and complexity of the human experience through study of the arts and humanities.
Student Learning Outcomes
As a result of taking courses meeting this goal, students will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the diversity of values, beliefs, practices or ideas embodied in the human experience, and
- Demonstrate basic understanding of concepts of the selected discipline within the arts and humanities.
In addition, as a result of taking courses meeting this goal, students will be able to do at least one of the following:
- Demonstrate ability to express creative, aesthetic, formal or stylistic elements of the disciplines.
- Demonstrate foundational competency in reading, writing, and speaking a non-English language.
- Identify and explain cultural contributions from the perspective of the selected disciplines within the arts and humanities.
Each course meeting this goal includes the following student learning outcomes:
Required: a and b
At least one of the following: c, d, or e