Eluned Jones, Department Head
Department of Economics
Scobey Hall 138
Click here for additional information.
The Accounting minor provides students with advanced training in accounting, including managerial, financial, cost and income tax accounting. It is recommended for students with career interests in fields such as accounting, finance, business administration, and entrepreneurship. It provides excellent preparation for graduate programs in accounting, business, and law.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students earning a minor in Accounting will be able to:
- Record business transactions following Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Read and analyze financial statements;
- Know the basics of cost determination and allocation;
- Prepare income tax schedules and returns; and
- Demonstrate the capacity to evaluate ethical matters within the context of the discipline.
A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required for the courses in the minor.
Course Delivery Format
The program offers courses on campus, with limited online coursework, usually during the summer.