Credit Hours: 6 (in 2 disciplines or a sequence of foreign language courses)
Students will understand the diversity and complexity of the human experience through study of the arts and humanities.
Student Learning Outcomes
As a result of taking courses meeting this goal, students will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the diversity of values, beliefs, and ideas embodied in the human experience;
- Identify and explain basic concepts of the selected disciplines within the arts and humanities.
In addition, as a result of taking courses meeting this goal, students will be able to do at least one of the following:
- Identify and explain the contributions of other cultures from the perspective of the selected disciplines within the arts and humanities;
- Demonstrate creative and aesthetic understanding;
- Explain and interpret formal and stylistic elements of the literary or fine arts;
- Demonstrate foundational competency in reading, writing, and speaking a non-English language.
Each course meeting this goal includes the following student learning outcomes:
Required: #1, #2
At least one of the following: #3, #4, #5, or #6
- Students must complete a course from another subject if they are using one from either ART or ARTH.