Credit Hours: 6 (in 2 disciplines)
Students will understand the organization, potential, and diversity of the human community through study of the social sciences.
Student Learning Outcomes
As a result of taking courses meeting this goal, students will:
- Identify and explain basic concepts, terminology and theories of the selected social science disciplines from different spatial, temporal, cultural and/or institutional contexts;
- Apply selected social science concepts and theories to contemporary issues;
- Identify and explain the social or aesthetic values of different cultures.
In addition, as a result of taking courses meeting this goal, students will be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of at least one of the following:
- The origin and evolution of human institutions;
- The allocation of human or natural resources within societies;
- The impact of diverse philosophical, ethical or religious views.
Each course meeting this goal includes the following student learning outcomes:
Required: #1, #2 and #3
At least one of the following: #4, #5, or #6