Jennifer Kampmann, Assistant Professor/EEC Coordinator
Department of Teaching, Learning, and Leadership
Wenona Hall 101
Click here for additional information.
The Early Education and Care (EEC) is an online undergraduate program provided by seven universities working in collaboration. This program will prepare you to work in early childhood settings with young children, especially those whose family members are highly mobile. When students complete the program they will be qualified to work in a variety of programs that offer early care and education in the community and on military installations. Some of these programs are:
- Childcare centers and homes
- Infant/toddler and preschool programs
- Head Start programs
- Before and after-school programs for children ages birth to eight
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the Early Education and Care major, students will be able to:
- use the understanding of young children’s characteristics and needs, and of multiple interacting influences on children’s development and learning, to create environments that are healthy, respectful, supportive, and challenging for each child;
- understand how successful early childhood education depends upon partnerships with children’s families and communities and value the importance and complex characteristics of children’s families and communities;
- use child observation, documentation, and other forms of assessment, in partnership with families and other professionals, to positively influence the development of every child;
- use the knowledge of academic disciplines to design, implement, and evaluate experiences that promote positive development and learning for every young child;
- identify and conduct themselves as a member of the early childhood profession, using ethical guidelines and other professional standards related to early childhood practice; and
- demonstrate, through sequential practicum experiences and clinical practice the knowledge, skills and professional dispositions necessary to promote the development and learning of young children across the entire developmental period of early childhood.
Accreditation, Certification, and Licensure
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education Programs
Course Delivery Format
Program courses are taught online through the Great Plains IDEA program, a collaborative, multi-institutional consortium.